Friday, May 28, 2010

That Felt Very Rewarding

Yesterday was our 2nd Annual CHHA - Hamilton/Rotary Club Golf Tourney. The weather was great, the turnout was good and we were able to raise some money for our CHHA Chapter.

I think the highlight of the day for me was golfing with my Mom. Yes, we golf together numerous times over the course of the year but, playing together and raising money for an organization that works to help both of us made it special for me.

Being involved with this organization has been increasingly more rewarding as I become more involved. They have been so welcoming and genuinely excited to have me there. I hope that I can continue to help them as best I can. I already see how I can make a difference with this group and I'm looking forward to seeing it reach it's potential.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed attending the golf tourny on Thursday and playing with Rob and my brother. Did they tell you I outhit them a couple of times? It was the first time I've gone to a tournament where they had a few silent auction items for hearing impaired people! It made me feel almost normal. It was a great cause and made me appreciate the work they do. I may even inquire about the local association. Joanne Diehl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have met the Robertson family, and there is nothing normal about any of you :)

    So happy that you both had a great time. Congrats on the longest drive, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete