Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Ongoing Battle with ... Sweat

I've had an ongoing battle with hearing aids and sweat since I got my behind the ear hearing aids last year. With these hearing aids being more exposed they are more susceptible to being damaged due to moisture. This unfortunately, does not bode well for my active lifestyle. I've tried a variety of different measures including eargear, wearing an old pair or just going without. When it comes right down to it, I need to be prepared to go with all three depending on the situation. At first I was frustrated and annoyed by the inconvenience of having to carry around all of this extra stuff but it was pointed out to me that there are lots of people out there who have to take extra precautions before the participate in a variety of sporting activities. I know it's not an exact comparison but it helps ease my frustration that although I need to be prepared for a variety of situations, so do a lot of other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment