Monday, October 3, 2011

Here we go again

I wish I had a good excuse for not keeping up this blog however, I can't come up with anything better than life just got busy and it was the last thing on my mind. To that extent I figure you are all due for an update.

I'm happy to announce that I've accepted the position of Vice-President with the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association - Hamilton Branch. It is a volunteer position that lasts for a three year term. I'm excited for the challenges that it will present but excited because I can see that there is a change beginning to happen as some new blood is breathing new life into the organization. I've had some time to sit and think about what my goals will be as the new VP for my three year term and this is what I've come up with so far:

1. Attract young people to the group
2. Head up another fundraising effort
3. Overhaul all branding so there is one consistent and uniform look

I'm not too sure how I will reach these goals but I hope it all fall into place soon.

The second important update is that CHHA - Hamilton has officially launched our Dream Home Lottery. After a year of planning and AGCO approval we will be opening the house on October 13th. This will be a huge fundraiser for us and allow us to do a lot of things to help the hard of hearing community. Like any not-for-profit organization having funds to fulfill your mandate is always difficult to come by. I'm confident that this fundraiser will give us the financial freedom we require to make an impact in our community.

That about wraps up the update on my hard of hearing world. When I sit back and re-read this over I'm very proud of the things that have happened since my last blog in July and I'm looking forward to what the future will hold. It's going to be a whirlwind couple months but I'm looking forward to every bit of it.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment