Monday, March 7, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Almost 3 months have passed since I last posted on here so I am going to play a little catch up and recommit to blogging more frequently.

One of my new year's resolutions was to become a larger part of CHHA. I have definitely stayed true to that goal, almost to the point where it has become too much to handle on top of my job. However, with a little prioritizing I'm able to put in an hour or two per day to help this organization. At first, I was feeling a little under whelmed by what the group has been able to accomplish. Stereotypically speaking this is an older group who has been fairly adverse to change so progress is going to be slow. However, there is a movement happening with some new blood and a new vision for what this organization will be able to accomplish and it is exciting to be a part of this.

To date here are some of the things we have accomplished since I became a member of the board:
• A successful golf tournament fundraiser
• A Hearing Health Fair
• Launched a new website
• Began planning to host a CI reunion

There is much more to come ... big things!

No comments:

Post a Comment