Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Finally!

After battling with the work phone for the past few weeks I finally referred to my audiologist about how I can get my phone program to stop cutting in and out during conversation. It turns out that the key to making it work properly is magnetism. After a bit of trial and error it appears I've finally found the proper number and locations for the magnets. I've been able to test it out this morning and everything is working much better. It really was affecting my ability to work efficiently because not all phone conversations at the office are appropriate for the speaker phone. The only annoying part is that I have to wait a second or two when I first put the phone up to my ear so the program has a chance to switch over. It hasn't led to any awkward moments of silence ... yet.

It is just a small victory but it's already helping a lot.

I have to admit, I'm a little worried about the magnets being that close to my head. Even though they are very small magnets I wonder if there are some potential health issues I should be aware of. I will have to do some research and see if I'm able to find anything that is concerning.

I continue to receive positive feedback on my blog, thanks again to everyone who is reading this. I hope you are all able to get something out of it.

1 comment: