Saturday, February 6, 2010

Good Vibrations

For the first time since I have owned hearing aids, I'm happy. Besides the fact that things sound a lot better I am even more thrilled with the features they offer that are allowing me to live life a little bit easier.

I still can't express how much I love the bluetooth phone feature. I used to avoid talking on the phone at all costs. It was always a struggle to get the volume to a point where I could hear properly and I was always missing parts of the conversation. Now, the phone sounds fantastic and I am actually looking forward to people calling me. The only small downside is having to wear the streamer around my neck to get the best reception. However, the streamer is the size of an ipod and really isn't that much of an inconvenience. It is definitely a small sacrifice to make in order to get benefits I have received.

I have finally tested out the ipod feature too and the sound is good. It has two features for sound that I can use. The first allows me to hear background noise around me while it plays music much like having your headphones in and the other blocks out all sound except for what is coming through the ipod. I am going to try this out at the gym this afternoon and see how it goes. It feels like it's going to be a bit bulky to be comfortable to wear while working out but we'll test it out and see. It does have a wireless adapter that can be purchased that will make listening to the ipod a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment