Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Arch-Nemesis'

It's been a few days since I've blogged so I have some catching up to do. I continue to be impressed by the new ears. I am definitely hearing a lot better and I am beginning to feel more confident wearing them. They have even defeated one of my worst nemesis' ... wind. With my in the ear hearing aids I was useless on a windy day because the sound of the wind was just so strong. Finally, because the mic is located behind my ear I can finally carry on a conversation with someone outside in a windy day!

My second nemesis is moisture, I cringe every time I see it raining outside. My second challenge is with sports, particularly when I play hockey. My behind the ear hearing aids don't work in my helmet and I'm terrified about sweat damaging them. So, when I play I just put in my old pair that way if something does happen it's not the end of the world. The second rough part about hockey is the shower after. Obviously, I have to take out my hearing aids out when I hit the showers after hockey and if standing in a big communal shower with a bunch of guys isn't slightly awkward already, not being able to hear what they're saying magnifies that. Luckily, most of the guys talk loudly anyways but, when in doubt I can always fall back on the "smile and nod", which could lead to it's own set of problems ...

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...love the last comment...i wait to shower until i get home after hockey...no bloody way im stepping foot in those showers!!

    ReplyDelete